Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Trip to the doctor

I got up and took the girls to the doctors for their check ups and shots. They each got 3. I hate it when they have to get their shots. I postponed them for 6 months, because I had done my research and decided that they weren't necessary until after then. So what if it inconveniences the doctors and they have to figure out which shots are needed instead of going on autopilot! This way I know they're paying attention!

So Alethea got a bunch of shots (some were combined) and so did Rayah. These were Rayah's first shots. They both did pretty well, though there was a lot of crying. Rayah got over it more quickly than Alethea did. But Alethea has always been a drama queen. Alethea kept calling all the older women she saw "grandma." So funny. And the younger ones were all mommy's and the men were daddys. She's got the genders down. Rayah just kept smiling at the nurses and doctor. So cute. I wish I had brought my camera to capture the smile. It was too cute. She was all smiles for the doctor. Until the shots anyway. They were playing with blown up latex gloves and dixie cups and a few books that they had in the exam room. Alethea kept on peeling off the labels they had on the drawers in the exam room. She loves taking stickers off of ANYTHING! Can be frustrating. But the threat of a spanking stopped all that!

But it's over now and we're home and relaxing. Girls will go down in an hour for their naps. Until then, they're playing happily together. Their trip to the doctor's office and the subsequent shots a distant memory. We'll have to do it again in 4 weeks until they are all caught up. But this time I"ll be taking some adult reinforcements. That was 2 hours of frustration I don't want to deal with by myself ever again!

No comments:

Post a Comment