Wednesday, June 3, 2009

IT'S HOT!!!

Oh my goodness! It is going to be a hot one today! Forecast said that here in Washington the temps are going to hit around 90F. That's HOT people!!!! So, in a mad dash to beat the heat, I dressed the girls and myself, ran to the store and picked up some more juice and milk, some snacks (because I am NOT cooking A THING today), a summer dress for Rayah (something thinner than what she already had) and a short and tank set for Alethea (she's growing up so quickly...and growing out of all her clothes!!! A 2 1/2 year old wearing 5T!!!), some ice cream, and a bag of ice for the swamp coolers.

We have two swamp coolers and one portable air conditioner, which is in the girls' room. One swamp cooler is in our room and one is in the living room. Thank God our windows are opposite the sun, so the sun shines through in the morning and the trees block the sun in the bedroom windows in the afternoon and evening, when the sun is the hotest.

I filled all the ice trays with water, filled the swamp coolers with a mix of ice and water, filled all water bottles with ice and water, placing some in the fridge and some in the freezer. The girls are in nothing but their diapers/training pants. I'm all set for the heat. BRING IT!!!

I hate the heat. I do not do well in heat. It's safe to say, I don't DO heat. LOL. I was pregnant with Alethea in 2006 when we hit record highs in the summertime. I was my largest in the worst summer months....she was born in October. I was swollen everywhere, and couldn't wear my normal sized shoes. Flip flops...and they had to be a size 10! I'm a 7. And by the end of September I was wearing some kind of slipper things because I couldn't even wear the flip flops!!! It was bad people! Real bad!

And Rayah was born at the end of July 2008. Not too hot last year, but it was warm. I didn't swell up nearly as bad. I'm just thankful I'm not pregnant now!! We bought the air conditioner last year because both girls were warm and wouldn't take naps or go to sleep all day long one hot day. They were cranky, tired, hot and whiny. You get the picture. I decided enough was enough then and there. Next day we got the AC.

Anyway. That's been my morning. And it's only 10:30am!!! And now I'm relaxing.

I have a freebie that I'm working on posting here, so stay tuned, all ye digiscrappers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment